Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Fast, Faster and Fastest Pedal

Today was pretty much a normal day, didn't want to get out of bed, but nonetheless, I headed off to work. I got home and headed down to the trainer, asking myself is this ever going to end and when can I get back outside on a regular basis. Anyway, I had fast pedal tonight, with no cadence sensor, b/c for some reason it is broken and I cannot figure it out. Hopefully it just needs a new battery, if there is even a battery in it. So I spent 1 hr and 30 minutes on the bike tonight, and hit 4 intervals of 3 minutes each with the cadence, with 5 minutes rest between each set. The rest of the ride was 33 minutes of Base miles, and 15 minutes warm up and then again for recovery. NO cadence tonight, but I know I was over 105 rpms. The goal is between 105 and 120 rpms, I found that i could peg it between 19.5-20.5 mph and I knew I was somewhere over 105. Doing that for 3 minutes was a challenge. I noticed towards the end of each 3 minute set my HR was in the upper end of my zone around 158-163. I'll monitor this and hopefully it will not rise the more I do them.

Ride Stats
Time: 1:30
Dist 27.2 miles
Avg HR 135
Max HR 163
Avg Sp 18.13 mph
Max Spd 23.6 mph
Morning HR 53

No comments: