Sunday, February 25, 2007

Rain, Wind, Sleet, and Snow

Absolutely horrible ride today. Worst I have ever had. I should have stayed in on the trainer this morning. But i felt too good after yesterdays windy ride, to stay inside. It had been raining all last night and a little this morning. So I didn't think I was going to get outside. But about 2 this afternoon I saw a little peak of sunshine out by my house and it had not rained for a while, so I thought I'd give it a go and get a 2 hr ride in. Well it quickly turned disastrous, and utterly brutal out there. I got just about 8 miles away from my house, after fighting the driving wind heading West and Southwest, when It started to mist and rain a little bit. So, OK, no big deal I can handle a little rain, but as soon as I thought that the wind picked up gusting well over 30 mph, and it became very hard to keep my bike up right. I was literally riding leaning over to keep the bike upright from the wind. Anyway I only got out for an hour and ended up soaked and cold . I did hit about 29-30 with the wind at my back trying to get home as fast as I could.

Ride Stats
Time: 0:59 min
Dist 15.2 miles
Avg HR 153
Max HR 182
Cadence, not working
Max Spd 30 mph
Avg Spd 15.25
Morning HR 53
Kcal 645

No comments: