Tuesday, February 6, 2007

Not happy about it

Well today pretty much sucked. Very bored in my last days at work. Got off early b/c we were getting "hammered with snow" I don't consider 5-6 inches getting hammered...and I think people need to learn how to handle a little diverse weather and figure out how to drive. Anyway, I got home and spent a good hour shoveling off the driveway, and back porch and a path for the dog. Then I got sucked into helping my brother with some homework projects. Anyway, I had to put my bike in the garage last night. b/c we were moving some things down in the basement. So I put some air in the tires tonight, brought it into the basement, set it up on the trainer, and went upstairs to change my clothes. about 20-25 minute later I went back down to the basement and got on the trainer. MY intention tonight was to do a work out Greg gave me to focus on. 15 minutes of warm up then muscle tension drills...trainer raised about 4 inches off the ground turning a big gear at about 55 rpms for 4 minute intervals 4 times with 8 minutes rest in between. Well I got about 3 minutes into the total ride, and heard a noise that almost made my heart stop. the tube in my tire blew, and not only did it just blow, it blew part of the tire right off the rim. I about died it was so loud and out of no where. My theory is with the bike being so cold and putting air in the tires then riding it 25 minutes later, the change in temperature caused it to blow. Or I had a pinch in it from changing it on Sunday, but I doubt it, b/c I rode it last night and it was fine. So I am pretty pissed about not getting my work out in tonight, and I didn't have a spare tube, b.c I just changed a flat on Sunday. So after all that, hopefully tomorrow will be better.

No comments: