Friday, February 9, 2007

If it doesn't warm up soon......

So today was my last day at my old job, and I am pretty excited about starting my new one next week, I am hoping it all goes well. Anyway cutting the the chase, I jumped on the trainer tonight and did 1hr and 15 minutes, focusing on endurance miles and one leg pedaling drills.

I've decided that I don't like doing pedalling drills b/c its hard, and shows how "unsmooth" my pedalling stroke is, not to mention how tired it makes my hip flexors. But if I stick with it, it will get better I know it.

My legs felt OK tonight, but even though my HR was below my peak the entire time, it felt like I was doing some good work along the way. I really think it was the two drinks I had the night before that still were playing an effect on my system. I had a couple beers with some guys from work last night, and I think that effected my HR even through tonight. But after my workout I stretched and drank my recovery drink, showered up and I felt really good. So maybe I just needed to work that crap out of me before the weekend

PS I put a new bottom bracket in today, and I possibly felt a difference. :)


Time 1 hr 15 minutes
Distance: 17.7 miles
Avg Cad 90
Max Cad 108
Avg HR 136
Max HR 156

15 minute warm up
30 min of endurance miles
20 min OLP drill
10 minute cool down
Below Zone: 23 min
In Zone 52 min
Above Zone: 0:00

No comments: