Saturday, February 3, 2007

Stuck in a Garage

Well, it was freezing today, no way riding outside was even a thought in the front of my mind. So I went over to Greg's and rode in his Garage on the trainer with him and George. IT really made the time go by faster. We rode for 2 hours in a base miles zone. This was the first time I had a long ride on the new seat to see how it felt. I really want to get it outside to see if it is any better. Two hours on the trainer is tough. I did go numb multiple times and needed to stand up and simulate some climbing to let more circulation to get through. Overall the ride was pretty good. It doesn't look like I'll be getting back outside until next weekend at the earliest. Temps next week will be extremely cold.

The ride today consisted of:
2 hours
Dist. 35 miles
Avg HR 141
Max HR 166
Avg Cad 93
Max Cad 108


I felt pretty good throughout the entire ride, not discomfort in my knees at all until the last 20 minutes I got a little discomfort in the front of my left knee. But nothing to worry about, very minor. I felt that my pedal stroke was a little different today with the new positioning. I also noticed that if I really concentrate on pulling my foot through the bottom of the pedal stroke it becomes much smoother. When I do not concentrate on that, I notice that by rogue memory I am looking for the bottom of my pedal stroke before I begin to pull through, and it makes it a little choppy and I notice I hit the bottom quite frequently. I will try to make a more conscious effort to pull that through better and smooth that out. Hopefully that will come naturally with some more practice. Well, time to get some good rest tonight to do it all again tomorrow.

GO Colts!!!

No comments: