Sunday, March 25, 2007

Prep for the fit test

The day after the wedding I went to yesterday, had me feeling a little sluggish this morning. But after I showered I was feeling pretty good. I drank a lot of water last night before I went to bed and a lot before my ride this afternoon. I set out to do some power intervals in preparation for my fit test tomorrow. A 20 mile loop up to Cicero and back, with three intervals of 30 seconds each and 3 minutes rest between. I did all three intervals in a 53x18-17 and my HR was able to elevated and then return into my recovery zone within my 3 minutes of recovery. I finished off the ride with EM miles and taking it easy within my zone. The wind was pretty stiff coming back south, so I wasn't moving very fast, but nonetheless my legs felt pretty good. MY HR was a little high I thought, but I felt fairly good from an overall standpoint.

Ride Stats
Dist 20 miles
Time :1:11
Avg HR 145
Max HR 185
Avg Cad 91
Max Cad 140
Max Spd 32.5 mph
Avg Spd 16.5
Kcal 887
Morning HR 54

No comments: