Saturday, March 3, 2007

More Tempo Day 3

Today was my third day of Temp in a row. I really wanted to get outside but that didn't happen. The winds were still blowing at 20+mph, and it was snowing on and off all day today. SO my schedule called for 3 hrs outside, or 2.5 hrs with 30 minutes of tempo in the middle of that. SO I got on the trainer and got it on. When I first started, my HR started a little high right away. It is usually in the upper 90's when i first get on the bike for the first two minutes, today it was around 108. I noticed my legs had a good amount of burn in them as my warm up went on, and I started to slowing raise my HR within my 15 minutes of warm up. After my warm up I got into my Endurance Miles time frame, with the intentions of doing 1 hr of EM miles. As I was 40 minutes into the entire ride, all of a sudden it was like something hit me, the burn in my legs was gone (I had been in a 39x14-13 once i hit my EM zone), and my HR dropped a few beats, but my speed increased and even though I didn't have cadence today, I could tell my cadence had risen. It was like out of nowhere, I could tell I was pedalling very smoothly and I felt great all of a sudden. So I finished out my HR of EM, for a total of 1hr 15 minutes, and I got into my Tempo. It consisted of two 15 minute intervals, pegging my HR in my Tempo zone of 162-166 bpm, with 10 minutes of active recovery in between sets keeping my HR in my EM zone. I didn't have cadence again, but I tried to keep it between 70-80 rpms or at least what i thought was that. I did both 15 minute intervals in a 53x12-13 @ 2-3% grade. I really noticed how smooth and easy it had become for me in both intervals, I felt strong, and I didn't feel like it was taxing my body at all. The one thing I did notice by the end of my second interval was the tops of my quads above my knees were getting a little tired, I could feel the work I had been putting on them. Overall it was a great ride, and the stats are listed below. I felt really really strong, and I will see how I feel tomorrow, I am scheduled for 2.5 hrs of EM.

Ride Stats:
Time: 2:10
Dist: 44.2 miles
Avg HR 148
Max HR 170
Avg/Mx Cad: Sensor not working
Avg Spd 20.4
Max Spd 26.0
Kcal 1556
Morning HR 54

No comments: