Thursday, March 8, 2007

Another Day in a long week

Well it was another long day in an extremely long but insanely fast week. Finished up hour 48 at work for the week, and I still have another day to get through. I feel like I have been going nonstop for the last 3 weeks, and there is not end in sight. Anyway, I felt pretty good all day, and when I got home from work I had 90 minutes with 25 minutes of tempo mixed in. So I got on the trainer, yet again. (When am I going to get off this thing) and started to ride. My HR was pretty low, coinciding with my morning HR today of 52. However, my legs were just burning for some reason. It took 30 minutes for the burning to go away. But my HR was never too high, right where it usually is. I was still able to turn the pedals over in the upper 90's, I am assuming, b/c I still don't have a cadence sensor right now. So I got my EM miles in and started into my long Tempo ride. I had trouble keep my HR in the zone today. I had it pegged at 164 for almost 5 minutes straight, it didn't fluctuate a beat, then it started to go up a bit and I backed off a hair, and then it would plummet down below my zone, I played this battle for about 5 minutes before I got it steadily back into my zone. I peaked up at 170 and dropped as low as 158. For the most time I had it in my zone, but i played this battle for a while, and a little bit more as the ride went on. I think b/c I dont have cadence it was making it hard to keep my hr in the zone and my cadence somewhere around 70-75. I have noticed that I can peg my HR and my cadence with in a beat up or down of each other, but it has made it hard since my sensor stopped working. Anyway, I am calling it an early night, and going to try to catch up on some much needed sleep.

Ride Stats
90 min
Dist 31.2 miles
Avg HR 145
Max 170
Avg Spd 20.8
Max Spd 23.8
Cad not working
Morning HR 52

No comments: