Saturday, March 10, 2007

All Amp'd up..for a let down

Well it was Saturday today, and it was the first nice day in over a month to get out and ride. It got up to mid to upper 50s this afternoon, and was pretty warm this morning. Greg and I set out for a 3 hr ride, with intentions of doing a little climbing. We went southwest down to eagle creek, to do fishback and some other hills. For some reason my HR was very high right
from the beginning, my legs felt heavy, and I just didn't have that pop that I normally do. When we had finished I was definitely wiped out, and I am still feeling that way tonight. This was definitely the first time I have seen the effects of too much training combined with not enough sleep from the past few weeks. We ended up doing 3 hrs and just about 50 miles. I definitely don't have my climbing legs yet, and I hope I can find them soon. Climbing to the top of the hills today, I noticed I would get to the top and have nothing left once I got there to punch it up and keep on going. I was a bit sluggish today, and it was definitely a disappointment. I need to get my HR monitor, HR strap and cadence fixed, so I can get back to a normal schedule...tomorrows ride has been scrapped and replaced with a 90 minute recovery ride tomorrow. Hopefully going into next week, I will feel much better.

Ride Stats:
Time 3hrs 5 mins
Dist: 49.5
Avg HR 147
Max HR 186
Avg Spd 15.7
Max Spd 29.8
Cad not working
Morning HR 54
Kcal 2360

No comments: