Saturday, January 27, 2007

Saturday Morning Ride

Went out this morning with the intention of doing just a little over an hour in preparation for my fit test tomorrow. IT was cold this morning and the wind was out of the west at about 16-18mph. Woke up a little late this morning and took my resting HR (54) and got ready for the ride. I decided to ride in this morning instead of drive, and as soon as I got out on the road, I thought I was going to need more layers. The wind just cut right through you today. One my way to the park, I was heading directly west for the first 5 miles, directly into the wind. I was working pretty hard to keep going and my HR was in the upper end of my base miles zone...about 154 bpm. After getting to the park, we headed out and I stayed up with the front group until my HR started to rise, then I shut it down for a while. Today's goal was just to prepare myself for the Fit Test tomorrow. Just before breakfast we got some wind at our back, and I hit 3 short 30 second all out sprints, with 2 minutes rest between each, to get my body up into my upper anaerobic zone. My max HR for those was 188, and my max speed was 33.7. After those 3 I shut it back down, ate breakfast with everyone and then rode the last 3 miles home. Hopefully I will be ready for the test tomorrow. Plan for the rest of the day...HYDRATE, HYDRATE, HYDRATE.

Dist: 22.4
Time : 1:30
HR Avg: 142
HR Max" 188
Cad Avg: 88
Cad Max: 139
Avg Speed 15.5
Max Speed: 33.7
Kcal 1056

No comments: