Sunday, January 28, 2007

Carmichael Fit Test7:

Today was my second fit test, over at Greg's. I wasn't necessarily looking forward to it, but I knew it had to be done to record progress and where I am in my training. I really made sure I hydrated last night before this test. Drinking about 1 gallon of water, and plenty of water early in the day today to get ready. I was bitterly cold today, and I was glad this would be done in a heated garage, b/c the wind and cold was brutal. Anyway, I got over to Greg's, and got my bike set up on the trainer and started my warm up. The warm up consisted of 10 minutes spinning warm up, 1 minute sub max effort. 2 minutes recovery, 1 minute sub max effort again, 2 minute recovery and then 5 minutes of additional warm up before the first effort.

I got about 2 minutes into the first effort and thought there was no way I was going to be able to finish this out. My legs were burning and I knew it would be difficult to keep that intensity up. I think if you are able to zone yourself out, it makes it a little more tolerable. With about a quarter mile to go I was hurting pretty bad, but tried to dig deep and push it out. I finished with a better time and results than compared to the first test I did back in November.
Time: 7:38
Max HR 193
Avg HR 188
Avg Cad 99
Max Cad 113
Max Sp
Avg Sp

After the first test I had 10 minutes of recovery until my second effort. Which I don't think is enough time, b/c by the time the recovery was over, I was still a little dizzy and did not feel like I could get a full deep breath in. But nonetheless I was off and suffering very early into the ride. I had difficulty in getting my HR up to where I was in the first test. And found myself stuck in the mid 170's for quite a while. I eventually moved into the low 180s in my HR and found a small second wind a little more than halfway through the test. My time was a little slower then compared to my first test and my HR a little lower, but it was an improvement over my second test the first time. I did notice that in the second test, I was doing a bit of rocking and i noticed I was back and forth on the trainer for a short while.
Time 8:03
Max HR 188
Avg 179
Max Cad 106
Avg Cad 95
Max Spd
Avg Spd

No comments: