Friday, January 19, 2007

Another Trainer Day

Well today started off with a bang. I woke up at 7am, 45 minutes after my alarm was supposed to go off, that I never heard. Since I woke up in a fury, I didnt get my HR this morning, but oh well, I felt pretty good nonetheless. Running late, I had to by pass the morning coffee stop in order to get to work on time. I had a meeting this afternoon, and then I was supposed to meet Greg for about a 2 hr ride after work. Well 10am rolled around and I realized I forgot my cell phone at home. Great. I feel like something is missing when I don't have it with me. So I went to lunch, and during lunch I realized that 1. I had forgotten my cycling shoes and 2. I also forgot my HR monitor. Well this was turning out to be a great day. Fortunately my meeting went extremely well. So I got home and jumped on the trainer for an hour. nothing special just kept it simply. 16.87 total miles, including a little warm up and cool down.

Max Speed 24.1
Avg Speed
MaxHR 153
Avg HR 137
Cadence 94
Max Cadence: 113
Overall Time 1:04.23

Now lets see how the weekend fairs out. Looks like it could be pretty cold.

Felt pretty good all day though, knees didnt bother me. (THough they seldomly do only being on the bike for an hour..ususally happens longer into the ride.) Legs felt strong and, the trainer wasnt that boring. Still not completly comfortable with the new stem length. Tend to go numb after sitting..but maybe that happens when being on the trainer and not moving around much either. ANd I feel a good amount of pressure when on the trainer and putting my arms at 90 degrees on the hoods. Lot of pressure from the saddle.

Well, hopefully I'll get some good riding in this weekend.
Go Colts!

No comments: