Thursday, January 25, 2007

Midweek Trainer

Started the day off on a good note today. I actually woke up this morning on time and I wasn't dead tired. So I took my resting HR (56). And got ready for work. Normal day at work today, no additional stress or anything, and the usual boring day. I felt pretty good all day though. I had a little back pain today, and I am not sure why, it was in my lower back and hit me shortly after lunch. But left by mid afternoon and I felt fine again. Finished off 3 bottles of water by the time I left, and headed out to run a few errands. I got home and intended to do 90 minutes on the trainer. However, I got side tracked, helping out with some homework and other things, and I only ended up doing an hour on the trainer. I warmed up for 10 minutes, keeping my HR below my 130 ceiling. Then I picked it up for the next 40 minutes. Since I have gotten this trainer, I've played around with a few things it has including the power output meter. Half way through my endurance section, I thought I'd see how high I could take the watts before peaking at my 164 base. Turns out during both times I did it, I peaked at 700 watts for about 5 seconds or so, and the second time was 689. I also noticed that my watts for the rest of my ride were higher than the last few times ranging between 235 and 250 for the most part, as compared to my 200-220 the last ride I did. After that hour I felt pretty good, but it was getting pretty late, and I needed to do some other things, so I ended my ride.

Time 60 min
Distance: 19.62 miles
AVG HR 133
Max HR 167
Max Cad 143
AVG Cad 95
Max Spd 32.1
Avg Spd 19.6
Max Watts 700
Avg Watts ~between 235-250

No comments: